The Compassionate Clinician
Fostering Empathy with Counseling for Positive Patient Outcomes and SLP Self-Care
Course ID: ABLO0153
Course Code: P
Instructional Level: Introductory
Many pursue the field of speech-language pathology to help others.
Compassion is an intrinsic part of “SLP” make-up. Yet, there is a significant education gap
with the understanding of the SLP role in counseling for voice and upper airway clients.
1. To be able to identify two obstacles with behavior change in patients who have a voice or upper airway disorder.
2. To be able to describe two counseling tools for promoting positive patient outcomes in voice therapy.
3. To be able to identify two ways as an SLP to use counseling with patients who have voice and upper airway disorders.
Course Type: asynchronous
Where: On-demand, online viewing
Instructional Methodologies: video learning modules
Cultural/Accessibility Considerations: visual demonstrations and on-video text is present
Course Structure – 0.2 ASHA CEUs or 2 hours
Part 1 Introduction into the The Compassionate Clinician 12 min
Part 2 Compassionate care for singers – A patient’s story 45 min
Part 3 Compassionate self-care for the SLP 51 min
Part 4 Compassionate care for gender expansive clients 30 min
The target audience for this course is speech-language pathologists who seek to increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence in SLP self-care and fostering empathy with counseling for positive patient outcomes.
There is no required prerequisite learning for this course.
This course will be available for ASHA CEUs starting on April 15, 2023.
By default all ASHA members will have their course credits submitted for ASHA credit unless you specifically request to not have this submitted. You can make this request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required material and supplies include a computer with an internet connection.
Offering is provided on www.confidentclinician.com via video learning modules within the website. Access is anytime after purchase up to 1 year
What do I need to do to complete requirements and obtain a certificate of completion?
To obtain a certificate of completion, you must:
■ watch the entire on-demand webinar modules
■ complete the graded content quiz assessment (with at least 100% passing score)
■ complete the learning assessment
■ complete the program evaluation
No. Partial credit is not available for any of our courses.
- To request accommodations for self study and on-demand content please email us at
email@example.com. Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide
- To request accommodations for live courses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide accommodations.
- To cancel attendance to a live course that has not yet occurred, we allow cancellations up to 48
hours prior to the course. Please email us at email@example.com to cancel, and allow
30 days for us to process the full refund.
- To cancel attendance to a pre-recorded and on-demand course, due to the nature of online
administration, we do not offer refunds
- To cancel attendance to a mentorship session, please inform us at least 48 hours prior to the
scheduled date/time. We will gladly reschedule your date/time. Cancellation requests that do
not comply with this will not be honored. Refunds are not offered. If you have not scheduled
your meeting with us within 1 year of mentorship purchase, it will be cancelled with no refund.
- If a live course that has not yet occurred is cancelled for any reason by us, we will inform you
as soon as possible and provide full refunds to each participant within 30 days.
- If we as the provider need to cancel and reschedule a mentorship session, we reserve the
right to complete that task at any time.
If you feel you need to file a complaint with us, please email us within 1 week of attendance to a
program we offer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will
respond to you as soon as possible to remedy the situation.