The Billable Clinician
Navigate the Journey to Becoming a Profitable Private Practice in Voice
Course ID: ABLO0155
Subject: Speech Pathology
Course Code: P
Instructional Level: Introductory
There is a significant education gap with understanding the business and finance side of a private practice in speech language pathology.
1. To be able to identify key components of a high-quality, value-driven (voice) clinic
2. To be able to discuss policies and procedures providing (voice) services
3. To be able to specify solutions to issues with obtaining payment for (voice) services
Course Type: asynchronous (recorded live)
Where: On-demand, online viewing
Instructional Methodologies: video learning modules
Cultural/Accessibility Considerations: visual demonstrations and on-video text is present
Course Structure – 0.3 ASHA CEUs or 3 hours
Part 1 Building Your Brand Using a Business Model Canvas 55 min
Part 2 Private Practice Materials, Supplies, Policy and Procedures 53 min
Part 3 3rd Party Payers, Billing, 1099 vs W2 for ENT office 40 min
Part 4 Expert Panel with MBA, ENT, PT and Business Coach 56 min
The target audience for this course is speech-language pathologists who wish to build and
successfully run a private speech language pathology practice in the area of voice and upper airway disorders, or any SLP practice.
There is no required prerequisite learning for this course.
This course will be available for ASHA CEUs starting on April 15, 2023.
By default all ASHA members will have their course credits submitted for ASHA credit unless you specifically request to not have this submitted. You can make this request via email at email@example.com
Required material and supplies include a computer with an internet connection.
Offering is provided on www.confidentclinician.com via video learning modules within the website. Access is anytime after purchase up to 1 year.
What do I need to do to complete requirements and obtain a certificate of completion?
To obtain a certificate of completion, you must:
■ watch the entire on-demand webinar modules
■ complete the graded content quiz assessment (with 100% passing score)
■ complete the learning assessment
■ complete the program evaluation
No. Partial credit is not available for any of our courses.
- To request accommodations for self study and on-demand content please email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide
- To request accommodations for live courses, please email us at email@example.com.
Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide accommodations.
- To cancel attendance to a live course that has not yet occurred, we allow cancellations up to 48
hours prior to the course. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel, and allow
30 days for us to process the full refund.
- To cancel attendance to a pre-recorded and on-demand course, due to the nature of online
administration, we do not offer refunds
- To cancel attendance to a mentorship session, please inform us at least 48 hours prior to the
scheduled date/time. We will gladly reschedule your date/time. Cancellation requests that do
not comply with this will not be honored. Refunds are not offered. If you have not scheduled
your meeting with us within 1 year of mentorship purchase, it will be cancelled with no refund.
- If a live course that has not yet occurred is cancelled for any reason by us, we will inform you
as soon as possible and provide full refunds to each participant within 30 days.
- If we as the provider need to cancel and reschedule a mentorship session, we reserve the
right to complete that task at any time.
If you feel you need to file a complaint with us, please email us within 1 week of attendance to a
program we offer at email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will
respond to you as soon as possible to remedy the situation.