The Medicare Clinician Bundle
Learning Medicare basics, Credentialing, Documentation and Billing Success
Course ID: ABLO0152
Subject: Speech Pathology
Course Code: P
Instructional Level: Introductory
Speech-Language Pathologists working in the private practice and outpatient settings with the adult population need a good working knowledge to be a successful Medicare Part B provider. The Confident Clinician Cooperative surveyed participants in our Virtual Clinician course regarding their needs working with Medicare beneficiaries including how to credential with Medicare, maintaining compliance with documentation and successfully billing and receiving reimbursement from Medicare Part B.
1. To be able to differentiate among Medicare Parts A, B and C
2. To be able to discuss the Medicare Part B deductible, funding threshold and 80%/20% reimbursement.
3. To be able to make an informed decision to be “par” or “non-par” as a Medicare provider.
4. To be able to demonstrate knowledge of Medicare Part B documentation requirements for evaluations, plan of care certification, treatment notes, progress notes and discharge summaries.
5. To be able to successfully submit and be reimbursed for Medicare Part B claims.
6. To be able to demonstrate knowledge of how to work with Medicare Advantage Plans.
Course Type: asynchronous
Where: On-demand, online viewing
Instructional Methodologies: video learning modules
Cultural/Accessibility Considerations: visual demonstrations and on-video text is present
Course Structure – 0.25 ASHA CEUs or 2.5 hours
Part 1 Medicare Part B: Overview 21 min
Part 2 Medicare Part B: Credentialing: 22 min
Part 3 Medicare Part B: Documentation: 32 min
Part 4 Medicare Part B: Billing and Claim Submission: 62 min
Part 5 Medicare Part B: Medicare Advantage Plans: 29 min
The target audience for this course is speech-language pathologists within the private practice and/or outpatient setting who desire to become a Medicare Part B provider, abide by documentation requirements and successfully complete claim submission. There is no required prerequisite learning for this course.
This course will be available for ASHA CEUs starting on April 15, 2023.
By default all ASHA members will have their course credits submitted for ASHA credit unless you specifically request to not have this submitted. You can make this request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Required material and supplies include a computer with an internet connection.
Offering is provided on www.confidentclinician.com via video learning modules within the website. Access is anytime after purchase up to 1 year.
What do I need to do to complete requirements and obtain a certificate of completion?
To obtain a certificate of completion, you must:
■ watch the entire on-demand webinar modules
■ complete the graded content quiz assessment (with at least 100% passing score)
■ complete the learning assessment
■ complete the program evaluation
No. Partial credit is not available for any of our courses.
- To request accommodations for self study and on-demand content please email us at
email@example.com. Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide
- To request accommodations for live courses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please know that it may take us up to 14 days to provide accommodations.
- To cancel attendance to a live course that has not yet occurred, we allow cancellations up to 48
hours prior to the course. Please email us at email@example.com to cancel, and allow
30 days for us to process the full refund.
- To cancel attendance to a pre-recorded and on-demand course, due to the nature of online
administration, we do not offer refunds
- To cancel attendance to a mentorship session, please inform us at least 48 hours prior to the
scheduled date/time. We will gladly reschedule your date/time. Cancellation requests that do
not comply with this will not be honored. Refunds are not offered. If you have not scheduled
your meeting with us within 1 year of mentorship purchase, it will be cancelled with no refund.
- If a live course that has not yet occurred is cancelled for any reason by us, we will inform you
as soon as possible and provide full refunds to each participant within 30 days.
- If we as the provider need to cancel and reschedule a mentorship session, we reserve the
right to complete that task at any time.
If you feel you need to file a complaint with us, please email us within 1 week of attendance to a
program we offer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will
respond to you as soon as possible to remedy the situation.